February 28, 2009

What is an Association?

For those of you unsure of what is required by the city to get a 'dog park', the first and probably most important step is to form an association. A quasi-legal group of like-minded individuals who will petition the city. To be an association there must be at least 10 members, a set of bylaws, meetings and some appointed officers. That being said, to confirm membership I must have the real names and addresses of interested parties. It is not enough to agree. Like a petition, it has no teeth without a face (or name).

That being said, I prefer to not announce my personal information on the internet, and understand if you feel the same; so email me and I will discuss it personally with you. I will happily share my details with other members of the association. Frida is only my spokes dog and a way to connect to others in the area who feel as I do, that we need a place for our canine companions to run Leash Free.

Get involved, and sign up today so we can try and get this park before the end of the summer (and before the Leash Police ticket again!)

Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment